Heroes and Armies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basics of HnA

+7
Deathlord
BaB
L.o.T
Bogus
Ghinzu
LeCLerc
Ace Ventura
11 posters

Go down

Basics of HnA Empty Basics of HnA

Post  Ace Ventura 2009-06-05, 16:11

Basics of HnA comin soon^^

Basics of HnA Icon_j10
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

https://www.youtube.com/user/rubi84

Back to top Go down

Basics of HnA Empty Re: Basics of HnA

Post  LeCLerc 2009-08-31, 06:42

hmm...
seems scooby have strage sense of time
cant sleep and something are in the air Smile
so i will make a basic guidelines

dont leave, all ppl hate leavers/noobs and u dont wanna be one , thats why u read this shit Smile

this is team game,so if u wanna win u must play like team
u are just one of 5 and u need to act to other heroes like to your
share wood, gold, control, but dont abuse it, sharing control is prior to see cd of spells
communication is one of most important things, thats why i like to chat/quiz ppl. before game Smile

dont chase heroes alone, u cant kill anyone 1v1 if he is not noob or very low hp
dont chase heroes at all Smile first try to creep/get gold

try to team kill units, best work with aoe spells, u make wave on most units then your allied make wave, next time oposite
that way u killing units fast and prevent creeps to steal your kills/gold
then if someone of enemy heroes stuck in creeps or go to deep into your side, fuck him

if u wanna kill hero be sure that u can kill him, dont chase heroes around cuz u lose gold
first kill healers or those who are low hp or those who die easy , never focus tank hero
good way of choosing targets are heroes how are weak at start but powerful late game if u let him creep

talk with team who u are going to kill, ask help from other lines, but never let one line without hero cuz u lose mass xp
always go min. 3 on 1, best work 4 on 1 Smile
for killing heores in most situation u need some kind of stun, best work with 2 stuns Smile
first one to surround, second to prevent tp
in spirit of teamplay use all aoe spells immediately, and kill them with pure attack, in that way there is no shit like stealing

LeCLerc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghinzu 2012-09-25, 17:04

Hi there, I will try to make this guide, as exhaustive as possible, to everyone playing Heroes & Armies (HnA) for the first time. Please comment, in order to improve this guide, and excuse my English, as it is not my native language. At the moment i am writing this guide, the latest version of HnA is Heroes & Armies 3.04g.

1. HEROES - CHARACTERISTICS

There is some characteristics that everybody should know (regardless of HnA) about heroes. There is melee heroes (hand-to-hand fighters) and ranged heroes. Each hero has 3 statistics : strenght, agility and intelligence and is specialized in one of this stats. If you improve the - strenght (str) of your hero you will raise his health point (HP) and his HP regeneration (regen),
- agility (agi)------------------------------------------------------- attack speed and his armor,
- intelligence (int) ------------------------------------------------- mana point (MP) and his MP regen.
If a hero his specialized in, for example, strenght, if you improve this stat you will also increase the amount of damage (dmg) you make per hit (DPS = damage per second).
In HnA, every str hero is melee and every int hero is ranged.

2. HEROES - ROLES

HnA is a teamplay based game. This mean that you play and win with your team and so, YOU DO NOT PLAY ALONE. "Union makes strenght" as they say in Belgium : p . You have more chance to beat someone when you are 2 vs 1 than 1 vs 1. Help your mates when they need it!
Every heroes have some different roles to serve team. I will try to list them all and explain them.
°Stunners : A stun is an ability who allows to paralysed your opponent for a few seconds (depending of the level of your stun). Stunners are used most of the time for offense purposes but can be used to defend as well. All stuns are also interrupts, meaning that it allows you to break the TP of someone trying to escape. (example : MK, TC, KOTG)
°Healers : Hmm, what can I say? Healers heal. There "only" use is helping the team surviving during a focus. They are also called "support heroes". (example : Pala, SH)
°Summoners : Summons are used to creep and also to block. In HnA, a hero who can't move is (most of the time) a dead hero. (example : Beasty, Archmage)
°Tanks : A tank is a hero who can receive damages. He will need lots of HP and armor. Almost all of the str heroes can act as the tank. The best friend of a tank is the healer : p . Tanks are expected to block ennemies in order to prevent them to flee/ to chase allies.
°Agility : Being an agi heroes is a role for me. It is the "creeping hero". In my opinion (imo), you need only one agility hero per team because they are really weak in early game. There purpose is to creep until mid-late game allowing them to increase stats a lot. Once there stats is high enough, agi heroes will be the main source of DPS of the team. In some occasion, you can use a str hero to creep. Heroes such as MK, Alchi or Panda are totally imba once they got the stats.

3. ITEMS

You have 6 slots to buy items. According the type of hero you have, you will buy differents set of items but EVERY HEROES should have a staff of teleportation (TP), boots of speed (you can sell your ankh to get those at the very beginning of the game) and an orb ( /!/ orb's effect doesn't stack, then you should buy only one orb). All melee heroes should buy ice orb, unless the "creeping hero" (I'll talk about creeping later) who should buy corruption orb (corru). Ranged heroes should buy ganja orb (I would say, max 2 ganja per team) and in late game slow orb and (if at least 2 ranged heroes) /or light orb.
Imo, every agi and int hero should have the periapt of life (hp +500). Every tanks and healers should have the shield of protection.

In early to mid game, you will need to fill your last slot(s) with mana regen items. You can use the robe of the magi (+9 int), the sobi mask (+50% mana regen) or the pendant (75% mana regen). I would advice sobi mask or robe for int heroes, and pendant for str heroes and the Warden (/!/ some heroes don't need mana regen like lich, alchemist, AM, Blood Mage,...).

When your hero has enough int u can sell those and buy instead gloves of haste and/or anti-magic potion (AM) and/or speed potion and/or shackles (/!/ be aware of the rules of the items if you are going to play in War Clans).

What I said about items should not be written in stone, try your own sets of items according to your playstyle. I just wanted to say some classics stuff.

4. TO CREEP

During game, you will receive gold over time. Another way of getting gold (and experience) is by killing creeps. In order to get gold you will need to have the last hit or the "killing hit". Creeping, even if it is rather simple to explain, is an art and those who have masterized it have a huge advantage on those who didn't.
Everybody should creep BUT it is better for the team to "let" creeps to your "creeping hero" (--> "Agility"). Therefore, don't try to steal creeps if you are not suppose to. The order of priority of creepers is : 1. agi hero 2. stunners 3. tanks. All the others heroes come next.
/!/ Be aware of denying. In order to deny a creep you will need to make the last hit on your own creeps. If you succeeded it you will see an "!" of your color. This will prevent your opponents to get the experience (xp) and the gold of it. Denying is very important especially in early games in order to get the level and stats advantage on your opponents.
/!/ You can deny heroes as well as creeps.

5. STAGE OF THE GAME

There is three "stage" in a game. Early game (the beginning of the game), mid game (at more or less 20-30 min from the beginnning) and late game (+ - 45 minutes after the start). On each stage of the game you are expected to do different things. During early game, your hero is weak, no hp no health --> no focus. You need to creep (carefully) and get experience.
During mid game, a lot more focus. Your priority is 1. to survive 2. help focused friend 3. follow focus 4. creep. Use TP and make yourself as useful as you can for your team.
Late game is time for pushing and winning the game.
Early game is the time for int heroes to show off : their spells and the fact that they are ranged makes them the rulers. Melee heroes needs hp to show off, as they are hand-to-hand fighters. Str heroes are quicker to be useful for focus than agi heroes, because str heroes will put their money in str tomes (--> and get more hp).

6. RECRUITMENT

You have the opportunity to recruit 5 kinds of units : catapults, riflemen, sorceress, knights and griffons. Recruitment is a double-edged sword : it gives you more creeps per wave but it will increase the creeping of your opponents' team. So it will give you an advantage on the short term as it will give your opponents an advantage in the long term. So recruiting is ideal for pushing, meaning that if you recruit, you are going for victory.
Don't recruit your units one by one. Hire as max as you can when you start hiring, in order to have a better impact.
Griffons are hired right a the moment you hire them (other creeps come when a new wave is launch from the barracks). It is best to use them when you want to push and that you have killed one or two of your opponents heroes.

7. FOCUS

Focusing means that everybody target the same ennemy. Focus is the most important of HnA, the part where the word "teamplay" get all of its meaning. If you get in trouble, call your mates to get help (ping them : alt + mouse clic on your location). The way the focus will go on depends a lot of your combo, on the skill of each player with their hero, on your internet connection and on the performance of Cain's bot : p. Nonetheless there is some trends that come in every game. Usually it will be a long distance stunner (such as beasty or MK) who will start a focus. He will say the color of the target, warning the team to get ready and allowing them to know who is going to take the fury : p. The target should be (in order of priority) 1. healer 2. agi hero 3. low hp int heroes, regarding the opportunity to make a kill, this order of priority should not be written in stone (you know, differences between "theory" and "practice" : p) . After the stun everybody should do IMMEDIATLY what he is supposed to do : send wave, make another "proxy stun" (like TC or Tinker stun), block with summons, etc...
If you are going to kill a hero, DO NOT STEAL THE KILL (especially if you are an int hero), unless you are an agi.

X. Abbreviation

I already wrote a lot of abbreviation in the guide, I won't rewrite them. This list is not (yet) exhaustive, cuz I'm starting feelin bored to write this guide : p. Feel free to write those you think about.

.nm : I have no mana
.brb : be right back
.b : back --> "we need to retreat"
.BM : Blade Master
/!/ We will refer to Beast Master as "Beasty" and Blood Mage as "Blood"
.MK : Mountain King
.KotG : Keeper of the Grove
.PotM : Priestess of the Moon
.FL : Fire Lord
.PL : Pit Lord
.CL : Crypt Lord
.DL : Dread Lord
.DK : Death Knight
.DR : Dark Ranger
.DH : Demon Hunter
.AM : ArchMage OR Anti-Magic potion
.SH : Shadow Hunter
.TC : Tauren Chieftain

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My final advices will be those :
HnA is a game, so consider it that way : play it for fun (your life does not depend on every victory that you made). Don't flame. First because it is useless, then because it is childish attitude. Watch and learn from other players. I am sure that lots of good players would give you nice tips if you asked them : p

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Ghinzu on 2012-09-27, 09:14; edited 2 times in total
Ghinzu
Ghinzu
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogus 2012-09-25, 17:52

Nice one Ghinzu, I admire you that you have wrote it all : )
GJ Exclamation
Bogus
Bogus
Demonhunter
Demonhunter

http://www.diehard.highforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura 2012-09-25, 17:56

wow!

good job, very well done, Ghinzu.
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

https://www.youtube.com/user/rubi84

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghinzu 2012-09-25, 18:33

I still have to improve the fifth part (the most important btw :p ) but i got tired...
Ghinzu
Ghinzu
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogus 2012-09-25, 19:40

Hehe, It could be your own topic anyway^ Smile It's really nice for new players.
Bogus
Bogus
Demonhunter
Demonhunter

http://www.diehard.highforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  L.o.T 2012-09-25, 20:33

Woaw ! Mate ur awesome !
Love it !
And the slogan about belgium is sweet and true btw !

Just awesome !
L.o.T
L.o.T
L.o.T
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  BaB 2012-09-27, 07:20

Really good job Ghinzu!
I liked your guide very much.
Maybe i have some little things to add, if you dont mind.
To point 4:
Agility heroes have ofc the first priority to creep. That is right.
But when you play without agility and you have some int or some tanks, it doesnt mean the tank should be the creeper, exept
Mk, Barbarian, Panda, Alchi, Pitlord, Beasty.But this still depends on the combo. It just sounded a bit, that int heroes are the last once that should creep:)
For example if you let Bloodmage, Bloodlord, Ranger, Archmage or Archimond creep you have imba dd´s at the end of the game.
To point 5:
Regarding to the combo you have, you need to chose the right stage of a game to win a game.
For example:
Should you have a combo with mass int/range heroes, my advise is, to try to win asap.
Should you oppenents have mass stun, and aggi, it will be hard to win in late mid game and in late game.
When i play in a team with mass int heroes, i always start to recruit asap, so they won´t be able to hold the push back.
Many people think, that early recruiting is fail, because you give your opponent a better chance to creep, and get exp, etc.
But i think that is not always correct. Even when u play vs many aggility heroes, it doesn´t matter.

Another thing i would like to add is something about using Griffs and Bats.
Mostly you send them, when u killed some of your opponents to start a push.
And the enemies mostly send some back.
My advise: Don´t go back to kill the griffs/bats in UR push.
So many players tp away in front of the enemies barrack just to kill the griffs/bats.
But this is wrong. If you are able to kill the barrack, than end it and dont break your push, and maybe the only point in the game you can end it for your team, just to kill some griffs/bats.
Mostly i buy "some" Smile workers so they automatically repair the towers (when i dont forget to use them, but mostly i do anyway^^)

Well reading it again, i think i failed a bit,since this doesn´t really belong to a "basic" guide. This should be integrated into an "advanced" guide.
But back to your guide Ghinzu: I hope the new players (not only the new Smile consider your guide, cause then many games would be more fun.
Sometimes it is frustrating to see, that some players that really played a lot, still don´t know this basics.
Fazit:
Good Job Ghinzu!
BaB
BaB
Shadow Hunter
Shadow Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghinzu 2012-09-27, 07:47

Thank for the comment : p

When I started to write this guide I was thinking : "just the basics, it should go fast". Then the more i was writting, the more I had ideas like "everybody playing hna should know that". I had so many ideas that i am sure a lot is still missing : p . I hope new players wont be afraid to read this, because there is a lot to read.

BaB wrote:if you let Bloodmage, Bloodlord, Ranger, Archmage or Archimond creep you have imba dd´s at the end of the game.
What's dd?
Ghinzu
Ghinzu
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  BaB 2012-09-27, 08:28

dd=damage dealer Smile

It is a very nice guide as i already told you, and i hope new and old players will consider it
BaB
BaB
Shadow Hunter
Shadow Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathlord 2012-09-27, 13:14

BaB wrote:dd=damage dealer

What else ?

DD (i deal max dmge lol! )
Deathlord
Deathlord
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain 2012-09-27, 13:33

Yeah nice guide, missing some things but it's a very nice start. Smile

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scylla 2012-09-27, 13:46

good job ! and easy to read it Wink
Scylla
Scylla
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  LeCLerc 2012-09-27, 15:21

Cain wrote:missing some things
u need to smoke or do something to make u entertained first hour Smile

LeCLerc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghinzu 2012-09-29, 10:44

Cain wrote:Yeah nice guide, missing some things but it's a very nice start. Smile

Feel free to say what do you think is missing, in order to improve it : p
Ghinzu
Ghinzu
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain 2012-09-29, 11:57

Well there are a few heroes, that can be counted as solo heroes if your team has no agi.
I know you mentioned some, but some are missing : naga, ranger, mk, panda, viper, panda (depending on play style), arthas or barbarian.
And for horde you could have alchi, bl, archi, pl, and dl to some degree.
It's not only str that can go in solo game, say an imba fed bloodlord, can easily win the game.
And make creeping a pain in the ass for the agi of the other team (if it has one).

Besides i'd suggest that you make your own topic for this and i will make it a sticky.
I will write some more another time. Smile

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2014-02-09, 19:43

Here is my video about how to creep. Now i know most of the players know how to creep, but i made this video, to help people who don't know how to creep. Watch in HD, and sorry while i stream this video my processor goes crazy. You can skip first 40-50 sec. As you can see entire game i use attack hotkey in English Wc3 version that key is A. However if you have defferent wc3 version u have to find your attack hotkey. Sorry for the noisy sound at end. I made it today while i worked.  Cool 
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Azid 2014-02-10, 09:00

You rly creep with press "Attack button" ?

I only use it if i want to deny. In my opinion it's better to use "Hold/Stop" Button for perfect last hit. Smile or click, on the ground till the last hit.
Azid
Azid
Beastmaster
Beastmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2014-02-10, 10:22

Azid wrote:You rly creep with press "Attack button" ?

I only use it if i want to deny. In my opinion it's better to use "Hold/Stop" Button for perfect last hit. :)or click, on the ground till the last hit.

Well while you click on the ground with attack button, most of times hero attack different unit. I do use S(stop) key for creeping. But i just can't creep good without using attack hotkey.
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum