Heroes and Armies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mapping - Q&A

2 posters

Go down

Mapping - Q&A Empty Mapping - Q&A

Post  Omni 2009-08-23, 14:47

Hey everyone

This topic is meant for anyone who wants help in their map, just ask away, i'll be here to help you out the best way that I can. Mind that I'm no expert but I can work my around with almost anything ( Razz ), mainly triggers and code. So if anything comes up let me know! This feature is open to both clan members and outside players.

Cheers

Omni
Omni
Omni
Inactive Mapper
Inactive Mapper

Back to top Go down

Mapping - Q&A Empty Re: Mapping - Q&A

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-20, 16:37

Do you know if GUI triggers will work in a map that's already got custom JASS triggers?

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Omni 2010-02-20, 17:36

Xoralundra wrote:Do you know if GUI triggers will work in a map that's already got custom JASS triggers?

yes they will, GUI is JASS but in a more user-friendly sight =)
Omni
Omni
Inactive Mapper
Inactive Mapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-20, 17:56

In that case I don't mind doing some work if it needs doing. I can't read JASS but I'm handy enough with GUI that I created the only arc-jump-attack spell in GUI Razz

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Omni 2010-02-20, 18:12

Xoralundra wrote:In that case I don't mind doing some work if it needs doing. I can't read JASS but I'm handy enough with GUI that I created the only arc-jump-attack spell in GUI Razz

Good luck with that, but u'll eventually find out that GUI is less powerful than written JASS per say, since there is some stuff you can do with it, that u can't with GUI

neverthless use these foruns, they've helped me =)

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42
Omni
Omni
Inactive Mapper
Inactive Mapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-20, 18:25

Yeah there's a good reason people use JASS. One of the hardest things to do IIRC was making an auto-cast spell in GUI. Most of the auto-cast spells won't make the trigger "target of ability" function properly. I can't remember what spell it was, but I managed to make auto-cast enemy spells work in GUI once.

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum