Heroes and Armies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reunion?

+4
motion_man
Eddie
yugan
DanielPlainview
8 posters

Go down

Reunion? Empty Reunion?

Post  Eddie 2017-11-20, 08:35

I'd like to inform you that after so many years of delay I finally found a good mapper that can resurrect our beloved game. I already paid and I saw the good progress over the map. Its much better than my old crap map. However I can give you a picture with only a 40% of terrain complete. I'd be very happy if we make reunion and meet each other in the game(when its ready). It shouldn't be long since I asked the mapper and he says that he has free time. Here is his profile and  
resources: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/svetli.247858/

Here is a picture that he send me: Reunion? Img110
Reunion? Img210
Reunion? Img310

And the good thing about it is that I contact him yesterday and he did that work in less than 2 hours.

The Next thing for me to do is save money to get a bot until blizzard finaly remove the delay so we can all host games without any problems. The triple lanes and design of this map is inspired by Heroes of The Storm map called Dragon Shire. About the information of the map. I will keep the map name because the multiboard people who keep running this map over the years will be put to the loading screen.

Units will automatically spawn and will remain the same as previous version. The Recruit Center will have additional mercenaries they will work the same as the Gryphon and Troll Batrider do. There will be melee mercenaries and we will use the wood once again. Towers will get Health, Armor, Attack Damage and Attack Speed as for hero abilities. I'd like to make have ability stacking with Level like Heroes of The Storm have. Something Between 2-4% but it have to be tested. Normal recipes that aren't the same like DotA. Hero Maximum Level will be between 30-50Level something between that, but like I said the abilities have to be tested.

A system that will show how much heal/dmg they doing to allies/enemies to avoid massive floating text numbers but to allow players how much damage they do. I wonder if we still should use tomes of stats. If its possible I'd like also to include Channeling Spells Bar that allows you to keep an eye on channeling spells. Of course the old sounds will remain and the long forgotten sound -Give would be back if you guys still want it Smile

P.S. if you want something else to add feel free to do so. I already told to my friend that the castle should be open and shouldn't be surrounded by houses because units wouldn't move to the proper direction and maybe the recruit center needs a little bit moved and it shouldn't be on the center of the middle road.

Last but not least. Id like to say that I'm sorry for the delay and the empty promises. If I knew how to do it I would, but the truth is I only know how to work with object editor.
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Reunion? Empty Re: Reunion?

Post  Eddie 2017-11-23, 11:57

Just to let you know guys. The map will suck up 30EUR per month. This will include Hero Abilities and useful Triggers. Triggered abilities will grow stronger similar like Heroes of The Storm. These abilities will always be with floating text to let players see how much damage/heal their heroes do to other heroes. Since the map will be with big army I've decided for some abilities to show floating text only when the abilities affects heroes. This will prevent players to see massive numbers on their screen, so It has affect only heroes not units.

The First one person that I put link to his profile is a terrain maker, but he cannot work with the triggers. However I have found another one. Hes expert with Jass and vJass. And I saw the demo ability that I requested. Its working good. here is his profile as you might wonder who he is. https://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/dr-super-good.116773/

His name and the name of the terrain maker will be listed on Loading screen. I won't touch the names of the people that past years worked on this map. Their names will be still standing on the loading screen. And My name will be listed as a sponsor. As Soon as The first hero spell book is complete. I will post additional information. This time I'm serious. Previous time I had to work on my own. And my payment wasn't that big so I couldn't spend additional cash to ask people to work on the map I love. But now my payment is increased and i can spend that amount of cash per month. See you soon I guess Smile

P.S. There is no current ETA on the map. (Estimated Time of Arrival)
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielPlainview 2017-11-26, 22:15

EddieBG wrote:And My name
"I'd be a businessman. The first thing I'd buy is Bentley. Black Bentley Continental GT. Or probably silver one. However, I'm not sure what kind of business I'd manage, but the car is already chosen. I'm serious. Bentley, no bullshit. With golden "EDDIE" text on the roof of My car.".
king

DanielPlainview
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2017-11-27, 14:14

Only time will show. You realiese I didn't came here to troll or lie do you? Well If not then you don't know me for sure. You think you know me cause last time I know I said I'm going to do my own map, however I failed by lacking knowledge about triggers and terrain making, and I also had low payment due paying the bills. But this time I wont fail and the map will be released.

If I wanted to troll anyone I know better ways, but I see why you're doing this. I let you to figure this out what I mean if you can't then you should stop use alcohol and use your brain. Cool
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielPlainview 2017-11-29, 22:32

I think you really want to do something, but it doesn't mean that you will do it.

When I was younger, I had the same feeling, passion, desire to make something great. But feelings and willingness is not enough to accomplish your intents.

You have to realize that WC3 is dead project, you dream about loading screen with your name instead. Procrastination and lack of real prospects make your map stillborn.

In fact, your map doesn't even look like H&A. It might be better from your perspective, but the only reason why ppl may play a very few games today is nostalgia, not new terrain or other bullshit.

Be realistic, use your energy and resources in new projects.

P.S. "me" and other pronouns excluding "I" must not be capitalized unless you want to show your godlike status. It looks too narcissistic.

DanielPlainview
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2017-11-30, 09:51

DanielPlainview wrote:I think you really want to do something, but it doesn't mean that you will do it.

When I was younger, I had the same feeling, passion, desire to make something great. But feelings and willingness is not enough to accomplish your intents.

You have to realize that WC3 is dead project, you dream about loading screen with your name instead. Procrastination and lack of real prospects make your map stillborn.

In fact, your map doesn't even look like H&A. It might be better from your perspective, but the only reason why ppl may play a very few games today is nostalgia, not new terrain or other bullshit.

Be realistic, use your energy and resources in new projects.

P.S. "me" and other pronouns excluding "I" must not be capitalized unless you want to show your godlike status. It looks too narcissistic.

If I dream to have my name on the loading screen as you said. There is no problem with that. I could have just done it since I have the unprotected map. What I'm trying to build here is a similar map like Heroes of The Storm with the difference that you can buy units and they can fight with the existing spawned ones. And not powerful Items. Maybe In the future talent system might be considered. I don't know that yet. What I do know is that this map will come to live once again. And the only way to not happen is if I stop exist on this world. Its something you cannot understand because you don't know how it feels something so small like this map and battles that I had long ago left an unforgettable memories to me. It is why I choice to resurrect it. Well Not the same way that It was long ago but similar.

Seems you're living on a Rock haven't you heard that blizzard is updating the game? Its a slow process but in time It will happen. The map terrain will be similar to Dragon Shire from Heroes of The Storm and like you said it might be better from my perspective, but you're just like these retail world of warcraft players saying vanilla wow is dead game. Well I got news for you Daniel. Ever since Nostalrius launched the servers the nostalgia got nearly a million players. And Blizzard Entertainment finally will launch Vanilla Classic. I don't expect that to happen to my map. But I recently I play War3. And every night there is a full game with old bugged maps. Not to mention Hiveworkshop.com they do have amazing maps that can be played on a dead project that you say Warcraft 3 is.

If the map is good quality as terrain/triggers and models and I know it will because I put my energy and money, people will play it. Maybe you don't maybe people here also might not play it. But I believe I would get players to play my map and it will be better than the last outdated map of HnA.

As always I'll put updates and changes to the map.
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2017-12-06, 13:09

Here are some images of me working on the map. The terrain maker that I mentioned build the alpha shape of the map, but after The result didn't satisfy me. Then I decided to work on the map by myself and after I put everything that I could do I build the Alliance base and the small part terrain around the base. I hope you like it.

Img1
Img2
Img3

Strange but hosting images here doesn't seems to work.
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  yugan 2017-12-12, 15:21

i understand "daniel'spointofview" even if he was too greedy, your work is good but when i enter warcraft only cause i still have installed it and cuz of "nostalgy" as daniel said, i see it's totally dead and no changes will bring it alive again... but if you still like it no one can stop your work..
i only would suggest that you could focus this energy on a totally new project out of wrc3, a new map, a new game. this is tooo old.
even i would come back just for a game, no more.

anyway gl bro
yugan
yugan
Forum Extreme User
Forum Extreme User

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2017-12-14, 20:16

yugan wrote:i understand "daniel'spointofview" even if he was too greedy, your work is good but when i enter warcraft only cause i still have installed it and cuz of "nostalgy" as daniel said, i see it's totally dead and no changes will bring it alive again... but if you still like it no one can stop your work..
i only would suggest that you could focus this energy on a totally new project out of wrc3, a new map, a new game. this is tooo old.
even i would come back just for a game, no more.

anyway gl bro

Good changes will come with WarCraft 3 Remastered. Mine will have few aspects from Heroes of The Storm. And when the remastered version appears there will be plenty of joy times to play similar map like hots. Even today good maps are played.
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  motion_man 2018-01-22, 00:16

WC remaster will probably do nothing for custom games, only ladder will benefit. I suggest buying drugs for those 30 euros or a cheap semi-prostitute.
motion_man
motion_man
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2018-01-22, 14:50

I don't use drugs nor I pay for that crap service. But one thing is sure it will be a new project map based on Heroes of The Storm. I'm considering adding talent tree but we will see how it will fit.

And unless you're blizzard's classic team employee and claim that they will either do changes or not I can accept your claims. Otherwise its just false facts.

I rather belive in Blizzard Entertainment CCO and Blizzard Associate Producer for Warcraft III in Classic Games. Than false claims by you. No offence btw rolleyes

Reunion? Proof11
Reunion? Proof111
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  motion_man 2018-02-20, 17:57

I see you lack reading comprehension. W/E floats your boat.
motion_man
motion_man
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Noctumonium 2018-04-05, 19:26

:O
Noctumonium
Noctumonium
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  pacstyle 2018-04-06, 07:28

hey guys

im up for a (nostalgic) game Very Happy
pacstyle
pacstyle
Bloodlord
Bloodlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2018-04-07, 04:58

As for updates the quality of the first image of terrain doesn't satisfy me. Most of the times I was searching for professionals and after all that time I've found the right platform to hire and cooperate with amazing talents. Every month a new character will be created but about his release it might take month and a 5-10 days until animations are ready. Terrain will also have quality assets so the terrain editor can build the map shape. The terrain will be something like The Zones Ashenvale and The Barrens. I hope since blizzard working again on WarCraft III this will bring some players once again to WarCraft III.

I'll make sure I deliver the map quality models and assets including quality loading screen and professional terrain designer and a coder. I gave up on hives they are lazy chunk of people, but I found another platform to hire people for this project. It's a long process but eventually I hope Blizzard to increase the map size limit even more. This would make the map nice and clean with good quality.

Reunion? Maraad11

Reunion? Maraad10

I hired professionals who are not from hive but have expert skills with modeling and stuff. Great things could happen, but I doubt it will be the same old chunk of Heroes and Armies map. Will be more like Alliance Legends vs Horde Legends based on HotS Talent Trees and perhaps Items too. Lots of test still needs to be done to make sure the high quality assets can fit to the map size limit.

Note The Untextured Model needs his cape fixed also hammer attached to his arm then equipped with texture before we move to the animations. Every hero model will have player color and glow. I wish I had the resources few years ago, but better late than nothing.

Few years I've struggle to find the right people to build this map so I and other players can enjoy it. It was tough and I let some members here with false hopes. Back then I was still unemployed and I though from hiveworkshop I could find someone who can help, but the reality is people there are just lazy and they don't care and they always said: Do it your self, Do it your self. Dumb answer as always. When you can't produce something you want you go to the shop or hire someone to do it for you. I'm glad that I find the right service for this project.

I share this in case you wonder why I was silent over 5 months. Project will be released but It will take time do achieve it. How long it will take that I don't know but I will keep you updated when we release assets and other stuff.
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura 2018-04-12, 13:22

First thing which comes to my mind is, is it still "heroes AND ARMIES"?
With that I mean, can you still purchase more units to spawn automatically?
I'd rather hope not because those bridges are maybe too thin for that....
We experimented once with those too, but units were getting stuck / balled up in front of it all the time

And what about Patch 1.29?
Will the number of players be increased? 6v6/8v8/10v10 ?
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

https://www.youtube.com/user/rubi84

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2018-04-15, 09:33

Ace Ventura wrote:First thing which comes to my mind is, is it still "heroes AND ARMIES"?
With that I mean, can you still purchase more units to spawn automatically?
I'd rather hope not because those bridges are maybe too thin for that....
We experimented once with those too, but units were getting stuck / balled up in front of it all the time

And what about Patch 1.29?
Will the number of players be increased? 6v6/8v8/10v10 ?

Well define what heroes and armies is? 1 hero buy tomes items auto recruit units final defense.

As for tomes I'd rather not using them, they cause way to much unbalance and boring stuff.

Unique Items will be on the process including talent trees with similarity of heroes of the storm to make game attractive. Bridges can be replaced with bigger and cooler model and path icons to make sure that units won't stuck. As for now we're still stuck on the model that's going to be released soon. Terrain is in a process of creation which i can give you only small image at some area: Additional models will be replaced as the new model art assets are being released.

Reunion? Ashenv10
Reunion? Ashenv11

Model progress: Keep in mind he is not ready yet. More updates will be coming soon!
Reunion? Vindic11
Reunion? Vindic10

As for the map perspective I'd like to be Alliance Legends vs Horde Legends with similar terrain like Ashenvale for Alliance and The Barrens for Horde.
The Name will be Heroes and Armies: Echoes of The Past. Since I have so much passion about the game and I love it i think this name fits perfect.

Top Priorities first are the finalizing the terrain shape then creating new better quality model assets to make the map attractive. As for names I've decide to use WoW lore names, however you guys will never be forgotten and your names will be put in the credits option in menu.

After the terrain is completed, we're moving with the ideas of the map and how should it be. Because I plan to fuse the standard 5v5 battle and the campaign style in the same map. This will include cinematic's and better hero selection.
(I plan to use pick mode. Which will start like this. Each faction will start a cinematic with discussing how to win the battle and after that you will select your hero with zoomed view. I have to check if this is idea is possible or not)

As for game mode. I don't know how 10v10 will fit to the game, especially lanes. But 6v6 is a possible scenario that for each 3 lanes you can split up to 2-2-2. We will consider possible player increase for the future.

The terrain outside of the lanes will be jungle. I'd like to use mercenaries like Heroes of The Storm its fun when you defeat and secure the mercenaries they will move automatically and attacking enemy forces. As for additional units the scenario with recruit center that we had long ago to purchase Griphon/Troll bat rider will remain. However there would be only ground units. Additional catapults will only appear when the last barrack is destroyed. Same as Heroes of The Storm which I find perfect.

That's all for the moment. As we make progress I will post it here. Then you can follow the progress. Later I might need some Object Editor guy to help me with the balance stuff.

See ya!
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Naze 2018-04-18, 13:15

Hello everyone I'm the terrainer of the project above. I have lots of good memories playing Heroes and Armies years go, so I'm glad I'm participating in this!

Regarding the bridges, Ace Ventura has a point. I'll try to make larger ones or something... Let's see.

Naze
Peon
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie 2018-04-19, 09:20

As you read Naze comment, he is working on the terrain, while modeler still working on the models. As for me I'm trying some ideas for Items at this moment. Additional feed back will be appreciated on the Feedback topic that I'm about to open for everyone on my clan section.

I posted a topic about items, there are few ideas at this moment. You can read it if you wish. Have a good day!
Eddie
Eddie
Batman the Dark Knight
Batman the Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum