Heroes and Armies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lich (JPPPPPPP)

+2
Cain
J.P.P.P.P.P
6 posters

Go down

Lich (JPPPPPPP) Empty Lich (JPPPPPPP)

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-10-25, 04:46

Hey all, nobodys put out some hero guides for a long time, and there are a few new guys about at the moment, so i thought i'd get some written. I'll try and cover all the conventional strategys and my variations of them. Please add your own also, the more info the better.

I'm not writing them in any particular order so i'll start with the lich.

In my opinion the lich is a particularly powerful intelligence hero and if you play well, you can hold your own even against powered up agis at the end.

I'll start with the most common/convensional strategy (reccomended for beginners):

The normal item setup you will be looking at will be: Boots, TP, Ganja Orb (corruption of your allies have taken ganja), 3 crowns.

To skill the lich, max up frost nova to 12, keep level 1 dark ritual and level 1 frost shield, max death and decay to 6.

Put your first point into frost nova, start cautiously, using nova to last hit a few creeps and to put damage on threatening melee heroes. Put your next point into dark ritual, use it only on the chaos raiders when you have fairly low mana. Try to use it when they have quite high hp left so you get more mana but dont help the enemies to push your creeps back too much. Put the 3rd point into nova and the 4th into frost shield. Use frost shield on yourself and other ally heroes who are at risk of being attacked. If you notice any ally being attacked, or if you are attacked yourself you can slow the enemies down by casting nova on them and frost sheild on your allies. Now put all your remaining points into nova & death and decay as you can and then take stats. Death and decay is a powerful ability and can really cause your enemies problems if you use it at the right time. You can use it on creeps if there is little oppertunity to focus enemy heroes but i'd recomend keeping it to use at a good oppertunity. You can either use it offensively or defensively. Offensively you want to use it when your allies are attacking an enemy hero with stuns or surrounding them with summons, if an enemy is completely trapped, this is a great oppertunity to cast death and decay on them, but make sure you dont free them by killing enemy creeps that are blocking their path. Defensively you can cast it on an ally that is being attacked to damage the enemys attacking them or cast it in the path of the approaching enemy heroes. Remember that you must stand still when casting d&d so be careful that you try to stand in a safe position or the attacking enemies will turn on you.

When your nova is getting to a higher level, you can easily cast it on enemies to slow them in order to give other heroes on your team an oppertunity to focus them. When you hit level 25 immediately buy an anti magic potion (if you dont already) and kill the reverend(-fight) using death and decay, it should only take a matter of seconds. Most of the game you will want to buy intelligence tomes, but when you have a high level of intelligence (around 120+) you will want to get plenty of agility. You may also want to buy some hp tomes if you need them to help your survive. The lich has fairly low hitpoints so make sure you ALWAYS stay out of the range of stunners and buy anti magic when you need them.

By the late game (level 20+) you'll want to be thinking about trading out your crowns for useful items such as am pots, speed pots and shackles and your starting orb for a more useful lategame orb. If you have good agility you should be considering lightning orb or orb of slow. If not then you could switch to frost orb. Also note what orbs your allies are carrying when making this decision. If this is a very long game, you should retrain your hero (using a tome of retraining) and drop dark ritual and your nova level to take a high level of frost sheild as you may have trouble surviving against powerful agility heroes.

My variation:

I sometimes play the lich in the following way:

Instead of crowns i take 2 claws and 1 gloves. I take nova up to level 6 only and keep ulti on level 1, maxing frost shield.

This strategy is a good defensive strategy that you can use to survive against a difficult enemy hero selection or just to throw your enemies off gaurd a little. Take advantage of the low cd of nova on 6 in the later game, it means you can hit the enemies with a nasty slow to save your allies or chase down enemies much more often. If used well you can really piss off 'weaker' enemy heroes and stop them creeping. It also means you can afford to creep with it more often to make up for a difficulty killing units. The high frost sheild lasts a while and you can switch lanes often to makes sure all of your allies permanantly have a much better chance of survival. Since ulti is only level 1, its not particularly helpful, so it should be used more to scare enemies than to actually cause them trouble most guys will run away from the ability no matter which level it is. You can also use it to hold your towers or push the enemys towers. When you hit level 25 you need to retrain so you can max your ulti for -fight. You can now afford to raise your nova a little and drop your frost armour a little if your team has managed to creep well. Since you've got better defence using frost sheild, you shouldnt need to buy many hp tomes so you can concentrate on getting your agility a bit higher than usual.

Feedback appreciated,
JP

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Lich (JPPPPPPP) Empty Re: Lich (JPPPPPPP)

Post  Cain 2011-10-25, 10:00

Nice guide. But for the fight you do not need anti-magic, just wait for his first stun and then use death and decay, he will die before the next stun so there's no need for anti-magic.

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiral Awesome 2011-10-25, 13:33

Meanwhile in New Zealand

Lich (JPPPPPPP) Lichinnewzealandtu0m
Admiral Awesome
Admiral Awesome
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Bes 2011-10-25, 15:41

Hahaha Very Happy
Bes
Bes
HnA forum Sheriff
HnA forum Sheriff

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathlord 2011-10-25, 17:18

gj jppp like always Very Happy , i play usually like ur defensive lich but with items of ur offensive lich drunken ;
why used claws and glove for up ur frost armor skill and play defensive ? doesnt have lichking more chance to stay alive and help his ally with +10 in str/int/agi ? claws and glove make lich imba for keeping enemies far from him but if there is a little focus , more hp can be helpfull too Wink
its my feedback ^
and yep i didnt use d&d for killing overlord , good thing to read this ty

DL.
Deathlord
Deathlord
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-10-26, 02:08

Deathlord wrote:gj jppp like always Very Happy , i play usually like ur defensive lich but with items of ur offensive lich drunken ;
why used claws and glove for up ur frost armor skill and play defensive ? doesnt have lichking more chance to stay alive and help his ally with +10 in str/int/agi ? claws and glove make lich imba for keeping enemies far from him but if there is a little focus , more hp can be helpfull too Wink
its my feedback ^
and yep i didnt use d&d for killing overlord , good thing to read this ty

DL.

I take the offensive items since i wont need the extra armour that you get from crowns and i dont like to spend the extra gold. It also just makes it a little easier to focus weaker enemies when they attack an ally and it means you can get some more creeps, despite having to play defensively.

Crowns are probably technically a better idea, but i'm still a fan of using mass damage with the lich and saving the extra gold.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  RockstaR 2012-11-03, 11:21

Admiral Awesome wrote:Meanwhile in New Zealand

Lich (JPPPPPPP) Lichinnewzealandtu0m

lolololol good one lol!
RockstaR
RockstaR
Lich
Lich

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bozeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down