Heroes and Armies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HotS

+2
Lidltuete
Ace Ventura
6 posters

Go down

HotS Empty HotS

Post  Ace Ventura 2015-06-03, 23:56

Heroes of the Storm

anyone?

Played a few games and it wasn't thaaaat bad ^^
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

https://www.youtube.com/user/rubi84

Back to top Go down

HotS Empty Re: HotS

Post  Lidltuete 2015-06-04, 00:59

dota is better Very Happy

Lidltuete
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  imba.balvan 2015-06-04, 11:05

nooobs, where are you in HNA, lets make one final meting to give HNA proper ending !

Best player ever
imba.balvan
imba.balvan
Clan Dope mascot
Clan Dope mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Lidltuete 2015-06-04, 12:36

ok. but ill have to install wc3 first Very Happy

Lidltuete
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura 2015-06-13, 23:45

imba.balvan wrote:nooobs, where are you in HNA

if i cut it to this I would agree^^

Already go tired of HotS after a few days, even before the official launch (i hate games where you have to pay for stuff only to be better than you enemy, e.g. buying heroes...)

Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  LeCLerc 2015-06-14, 02:41

cheers!

LeCLerc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PanStyle 2015-06-14, 16:51

Ace Ventura wrote:i hate games where you have to pay for stuff only to be better than you enemy, e.g. buying heroes...
You can buy all the heroes with coins that you get in game. You doesn't need to use real money for that.
PanStyle
PanStyle
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura 2015-06-19, 19:07

PanStyle wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:i hate games where you have to pay for stuff only to be better than you enemy, e.g. buying heroes...
You can buy all the heroes with coins that you get in game. You doesn't need to use real money for that.
ye, 10k for a hero ...
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  PanStyle 2015-06-21, 00:59

Well first of all, you don't need to rush buying the heroes because the first thing you do is learn how to play the game (by this, i don't mean do tutorials. I did like one bot game then went playing "normal" games right after).
So you play one game, try one of the "free heroes of the week". Maybe the next game you'll play the same one because it was fun and after you'll try an other one, who knows ?
The point is "Who cares about buying an hero if you don't know the basic of the game ?".
Then if really you want to buy one, i'm sure you'll have enough coins to get it because there is ways in game to get gold (daily challenges, level bonus on acount, level 5 on hero gives bonus gold too, ect).

Second point : Not all heroes cost 10 000. There is a lot of them who cost 2k (and that doesn't mean they are shit).
For exemple the first two heroes i bought are Jaina and Muradin which costed me 10 000 and 2 000 (they were free previous week and since i loved those, i bought them).
This week i have an other 7 heroes that i never played to try out. Tried some, got a lot of fun with them + played the heroes i bought and still learning.

So yeah, just don't focus on "Holy shit some heroes cost 10k gold i will never get thoses fml". Just play, have fun, it will learn you how to play and you'll get the gold that you need.
The game is quite fun and really fast paced.
PanStyle
PanStyle
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura 2015-06-21, 11:30

PanStyle wrote:Well first of all, you don't need to rush buying the heroes because the first thing you do is learn how to play the game (by this, i don't mean do tutorials. I did like one bot game then went playing "normal" games right after).
So you play one game, try one of the "free heroes of the week". Maybe the next game you'll play the same one because it was fun and after you'll try an other one, who knows ?
The point is "Who cares about buying an hero if you don't know the basic of the game ?".
Then if really you want to buy one, i'm sure you'll have enough coins to get it because there is ways in game to get gold (daily challenges, level bonus on acount, level 5 on hero gives bonus gold too, ect).

Second point : Not all heroes cost 10 000. There is a lot of them who cost 2k (and that doesn't mean they are shit).
For exemple the first two heroes i bought are Jaina and Muradin which costed me 10 000 and 2 000 (they were free previous week and since i loved those, i bought them).
This week i have an other 7 heroes that i never played to try out. Tried some, got a lot of fun with them + played the heroes i bought and still learning.

So yeah, just don't focus on "Holy shit some heroes cost 10k gold i will never get thoses fml". Just play, have fun, it will learn you how to play and you'll get the gold that you need.
The game is quite fun and really fast paced.
ye, i know, also bought the mk for 2k
i was lvling my nova to lvl10, i was at lvl8 with her, looking forward to buy her lvl10 10k skin biggrin

overall, i still find it too expensive and that you have to play the same heroes for a week if you haven't bought them yet, and maybe thus it get's boring after a while
maybe it also get boring after a while for me because i only play online games if i can communicate with others and i havent found anyone who uses ts at that time
so much more fun if you play with mates and you can communicate, hear and speak to them, hearing them desperatly asking for help, asking for killing an enemy, making jokes, talking offtopic or just talking bullshit - so much fun Smile

not sure how many active players we have, who would use ts....
i was looking for a NPL for ts3 which would give me a 512 slot license, but unfortunally i must have a top-lvl-domain and i dont know if we can move this forum to another domain....
without that my server has 32slots and i don't know if we would get to that anyway^^
(it's rarely used by my sc2 clan)

so here you go, join the ts3 server and have fun with other hna players: 94.23.41.21
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  KeviN_LifE 2015-09-14, 17:35

Hots is great

Last edited by KeviN_LifE on 2015-09-22, 07:11; edited 1 time in total
KeviN_LifE
KeviN_LifE
Demonhunter
Demonhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  PanStyle 2015-09-15, 12:51

You can't compare Heroes with the standard mobas that are DotA2 or LoL.

The mecanics, strategies and maps are so differents (9 maps atm in Heroes, each one with differents things to do that helps you to push and finish the game) :
Maps in Heroes have objectives that helps you to push.
DotA and League have items and individual levels forcing to solo farm or play ego ("You stole my kill, get cancer"). Heroes have no items and shared levels (killing creeps and heroes gives xp for your entire team, not only you).
You can't "solo carry" a game in heroes, in DotA or League it's common to see an hard carry wipe an entire team alone.
Average game lenght on Heroes is 15-25 min (fastest i got 10min and longest 42 iirc). I think on DotA2 my shortest was 16 minutes, average is 30-45 and my longest was 1h50 maybe.

If you dislike it, fine. But you can't say such things as "It's the worst" when the games are actually more different than what noobies would feel.

I'm glad that i find a way to have fun in BOTH DotA2 and Heroes of the Storm even if IMO, they are both quite different but have a lot to offer.
PanStyle
PanStyle
Paladin
Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post  KeviN_LifE 2015-09-16, 00:08

i do recommend Hots

Last edited by KeviN_LifE on 2015-09-21, 17:45; edited 1 time in total
KeviN_LifE
KeviN_LifE
Demonhunter
Demonhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  KeviN_LifE 2015-09-16, 00:48

i just login wc3 cant find nobody here seems empty xd
KeviN_LifE
KeviN_LifE
Demonhunter
Demonhunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura 2015-10-07, 15:14

lots of stuff has been edited since i played it the last time, so i might give it a go as soon as my left hand is working again^^

i like to watch major HotS tournaments from time to time on twitch.
so "more or less by accident" i watched the european final dignitas vs navi a few days ago when i was in hospital
it was a very nice final imho, had some quite entertaining scenes in it Smile

in case you missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzyPNazBmwM
at least check out the 3rd match
check out top rated comment for the times each match is starting wink

and if you've watched it or know already the results, here are the best scenes of day 2 & 3 of the tournament:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBUd_vV-374
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: