Heroes and Armies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirmed Rules for Players and Admins on Dope Bots

+3
SmalT
Noctumonium
J.P.P.P.P.P
7 posters

Go down

Confirmed Rules for Players and Admins on Dope Bots Empty Confirmed Rules for Players and Admins on Dope Bots

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-06-07, 13:12

Hey guys, reccently i've had quite a few people complaining to me that a lot of people both regular players and admins of bot are getting away with breaking rules and they find it hard to report them because the rules are fairly unclear. So we've had a discussion in dope and decided upon a definitive list of rules regarding playing hna on our bot. All of the rules i'm about to list should already be in place, but we have decided to write them down in this way just to make it absoultely clear what players should and shouldn't be doing regarding punishments for breaking rules. We also agree that the general manners and respect of the community has been rather poor reccently and we would like to get it as good as it used to be.

Rules for all players in games:
-If a player leaves a game (this includes votekicking self) without giving a good reason to the rest of the players then they should be banned for a week.
-If a player is rude to another player in the game, including use of offensive language and calling them noob or bob etc., then they will first get a verbal warning, if they continue after they should get a 10 minute mute and a bot warning, if they still continue then they should get a 1 week ban and a mute for the rest of the game.
-If a player attacks a hero or building on their own team, unless it is to deny the kill, they should recieve a bot warning, if they continue to teamkill then they should recieve a 1 week ban and be kicked from game.
-If a player goes afk for more than 10 minutes total in a game, without a good explanation and teams agreement, then they should be kicked and given a bot warning.
-If a player is spamming the chat with nonsense messages, non-english speak or mass sounds then they should first recieve a verbal warning, if they continue then they should be muted for 10 minutes and given a bot warning, if they still continue they should be given a 20 minute mute and a second bot warning, if they continue after they this they should be muted for the rest of the game and recieve a 1 week ban.

Rules for all players in the game lobby:
-If a player is rude to another player in the lobby, then they should first recieve a verbal warning, if they continue they should recieve a bot warning and be kicked from the lobby, if they rejoin and continue then they should recieve a 1 week ban and be kicked from the lobby.
-If a player is spamming the chat with nonsense messages or non-english speak then they should first recieve a verbal warning, if they continue then they should be kicked from the lobby, if they rejoin and continue they should be given a bot warning and kicked from the lobby, if they rejoin and continue again then they should be given a 1 week ban and kicked from the lobby.

Rules for all players in Clan Dope channel:
-If a player is rude to another player then they should first recieve a verbal warning, if they continue then they will be kicked from the channel, if they rejoin and continue then they will be given a bot warning and banned from the channel.
-If a player is spamming the chat with nonsense messages or non-english speak then they will first be given a verbal warning, if they continue they will be kicked from the channel, if they rejoin and continue they will be banned from the channel.

Further Notes:
-If any player is believed to be dodging a ban using another account then their first account will be banned permanantly and a fresh 1 week ban will be started on the new account from the day it is discovered.
-If a player recieves 3 bot warnings then they will recieve a 10 day ban, starting from the day of the final warning.

Rules for bot admins in game (for bot 2):
-An admin should not kick somebody for simply being unskilled unless they have died several times without making any attempt to survive. If this is the case they should not be warned or banned.
-An admin should not mute, kick, warn or ban anybody unless they have broken the specified rules (as stated above).
-If multiple players are complaining, arguing or spamming other teams chat then an admin may use the -muteall (global mute) function.

Rules for admins in game lobby:
-An admin should not kick somebody for simply being unskilled, if the majority of players in the game want this then they may use the -votekick function. This is, however, not reccomended since we rely on the participation of new players to keep the map alive.
-An admin should not kick, warn or ban anybody unless they have broken the specified rules (as stated above).
-An admin may kick somebody based on their stats only if the player has played 10+ games with a game stay ratio of under 70%.

If an admin is seen to be breaking any of the above rules then they will recieve 1 verbal warning, if they break a rule again they will have their admin rights removed from them permanantly. If any admin is found to be unbanning anybody before their ban time is up, without any evidence of the players innocence, then they will have their rights removed immediately.

If you wish to report a player or admin for breaking a rule then please provide sufficient evidence in the form of a game replay or screenshot and send a link to a Dope member bot admin on this forum.
If you wish to contest a ban that has been placed on you, then please provide sufficient evidence that you are innocent. If we feel you are contesting the ban only to get the admin into trouble then we may extend your ban time by up to 3 days.

These rules will be up here and clear from now on so there are no excuses for breaking them. We will give players a few days as fair time to read these rules and adjust to any ones they did not know about, but we will soon start following them more closely than we have been over the last few months.

Thank you for your cooperation! Razz

JP

Last edited by J.P.P.P.P.P on 2011-06-09, 05:54; edited 1 time in total

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Confirmed Rules for Players and Admins on Dope Bots Empty Re: Confirmed Rules for Players and Admins on Dope Bots

Post  Noctumonium 2011-06-07, 14:26

Nice job dope Smile
Noctumonium
Noctumonium
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Confirmed Rules for Players and Admins on Dope Bots Empty Re: Confirmed Rules for Players and Admins on Dope Bots

Post  ????? 2011-06-07, 16:06

J.P.P.P.P.P wrote:
-If a player leaves a game (this includes votekicking self) without giving a good reason to the rest of the players then they should be banned for a week.
I think it should depend on stats - from 90% stay: warn; 75-90% - 1 week ban; below 75% - permanent ban. I usually do bans/warns this way, cause there can be different situations, from urgency to something like BSOD/light off, etc.
J.P.P.P.P.P wrote:
-If a player is spamming the chat with nonsense messages, non-english speak or mass sounds then they should first recieve a verbal warning, if they continue then they should be muted for 10 minutes and given a bot warning, if they still continue they should be given a 20 minute mute and a second bot warning, if they continue after they this they should be muted for the rest of the game and recieve a 1 week ban.
Non-english speak warn maybe should better be applied to global chat talkers only? Personally i don't see problem if teammates speak their native language Rolling Eyes

?????

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-06-07, 19:49

RedArmy wrote:
J.P.P.P.P.P wrote:
I think it should depend on stats - from 90% stay: warn; 75-90% - 1 week ban; below 75% - permanent ban. I usually do bans/warns this way, cause there can be different situations, from urgency to something like BSOD/light off, etc.
J.P.P.P.P.P wrote:
Non-english speak warn maybe should better be applied to global chat talkers only? Personally i don't see problem if teammates speak their native language Rolling Eyes

Hmm well we don't think anybody should be exempt from the rules for the time being. If somebody has 90% stay and 900 games for example, that means they've not played the equivilent time of 90 whole games, which i think most would agree is unacceptable, 90 ruined games for other players. Of course if a player has a high % stay rate the admins will be much more likely to take their reasons for leaving seriously.

We also believe in second chances and don't think anybody should ever get a permanant ban simply for leaving. People can make mistakes and learn from them. If they leave that often they are likely to be banned a lot of the time anyway.

Of course if an entire team consists of only French, for example, there would be no problem speaking to each other in French but it would be considered very rude if there 1 was non-French speaker on your team who had to spend whole game not understanding what you are saying, so unless your entire team agrees to the language we still ask that you keep non-english to whispers.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  SmalT 2011-06-08, 01:35

Why take French as an example of this case, wicked Jpp : D You will burn in hell for this! :go out:
Seriously, it's a good job and it has the merit of putting things straight. Good job JPP and all Dope =)
SmalT
SmalT
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel.DX 2011-06-08, 06:08

nice thing, we really need this post Smile
just one comment, the botwarn is used rather often in the rules. afaik its still bugged, i lateley -wl - ed some leavers, even twice in a row without increasing their warn-count.

if the warn system is used more frequently it would be nice Smile but it needs to work properly.

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Noctumonium 2011-06-08, 09:56

What about dc ---> fake dc? what attitude we have to have?
Noctumonium
Noctumonium
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-06-08, 12:39

Noctumonium wrote:What about dc ---> fake dc? what attitude we have to have?

Unfortunately its impossible to prove if a dc is fake, but if someone does it too often it will start to reflect on their stats.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushfire 2011-06-08, 19:50

JPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP u freakin hitler!
who confirmed that shit? pistols chainsaw
Bushfire
Bushfire
Master of the Voodoo
Master of the Voodoo

http://www.seashepherd.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-06-09, 00:19

Bushfire wrote:JPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP u freakin hitler!
who confirmed that shit? pistols chainsaw

Who the f are you... oh yea, you existed once! Many people confirmed it, get with the times. Where have you been?

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Bes 2011-06-09, 01:47

i endet a game today where clerc had disc in the 1st min Wink for this right i insist thumbs up
Bes
Bes
HnA forum Sheriff
HnA forum Sheriff

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-06-09, 05:52

Steel.DX wrote:nice thing, we really need this post Smile
just one comment, the botwarn is used rather often in the rules. afaik its still bugged, i lateley -wl - ed some leavers, even twice in a row without increasing their warn-count.

if the warn system is used more frequently it would be nice Smile but it needs to work properly.

Just noticed this... actually i think the botwarn does work, it just says the wrong number of current warns in game. If you use -checkwarn (player) after the game it usually says they have the warning that you gave them.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel.DX 2011-06-09, 07:42

Just noticed this... actually i think the botwarn does work, it just says the wrong number of current warns in game. If you use -checkwarn (player) after the game it usually says they have the warning that you gave them.

ahh ok that puts some sense into everything Smile
thx

[edit]
indeed it works thumbs up

[edit 2]
had some issues with -warn not working. instead i used -addwarn which works nicely.

Last edited by Steel.DX on 2011-06-13, 22:18; edited 1 time in total

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel.DX 2011-06-13, 22:17

gotta question:
i just had a game with a guy who has over 100 games atm but only 80% stay (checked it in the lobby). what should admins do with this? unfortuanately my game got broken by this guy leaving first (dont know reason). so what next time? 20% chance for a leaver is not so nice.

i know "fix your connection" is the most annoying thing to tell people.
i know 80% really sucks for hna.
i see >100 games is not a bob... neither in player skill nor in the topic about leavers destroying the game.

any opinions?
i didnt warn or sth, it was not like this guy must have been pissed, he played well.

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  LeCLerc 2011-06-13, 23:27

Steel.DX wrote:gotta question:
i just had a game with a guy who has over 100 games atm but only 80% stay (checked it in the lobby). what should admins do with this? unfortuanately my game got broken by this guy leaving first (dont know reason). so what next time? 20% chance for a leaver is not so nice.

i see >100 games is not a bob... neither in player skill nor in the topic about leavers destroying the game.

any opinions?
i didnt warn or sth, it was not like this guy must have been pissed, he played well.
only question is: did he left or get DC?
if he left just ban him

LeCLerc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-06-14, 01:40

LeCLerc wrote:
Steel.DX wrote:gotta question:

any opinions?
if he left just ban him

Agreed, just because someone has a lot of games is no reason for them to leave without giving a reason, so he should get a 1 week ban if he left intentionally. If he just dc'd well unfortunately shit happens and some peoples connections just aren't reliable (mine is shitty at the moment) and we cant hold it against them. If its not under 70% then its not an issue.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel.DX 2011-06-14, 13:57

if he left just ban him

thats the thing, i couldnt tell if he left intetionally, he was counted out like a lagger as far as i remember.
he played decently, did not die, it was balanced 5v5, so i cant imagine he was pissed by the game Smile
=> i could not prove any bad, intentional behaviour so i didnt warn or ban.
anyway thanks for the replies.

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum