Heroes and Armies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naga Royal Guard

+3
Noctumonium
J.P.P.P.P.P
Steel.DX
7 posters

Go down

Naga Royal Guard Empty Naga Royal Guard

Post  Steel.DX 2011-06-14, 16:26

Hiall, this is my fist guide, i hope ppl like it Smile

I think the NRG (Naga Royal Guard) is very special as it is the only char (afaik) which has 3 ablilities that stack on each other, which can be even enhanced by the orb of corruption. imho this combination gives potentially the biggest dps (damage per second) against creeps which makes us have a lot gold to spend. Even better: this damage output grows with the NRGs stats unlike any wave or minions, which in lategame really lose their value.

The way of playing described here aims to gain a massive advantage in creepkills in early & midgame to finally slay the opponents by brute force in lategame.

Type:

strength => hes rather tough to kill as he gains tons of hp especially as creepleader, which is what we try to do here. combined with his frost armor, hes well defended against any melee hero. ranged enemies pose the usual thread to him as for any melee hero.

abilities:

1) acid bomb
deals damage over time, however the point is the armor reduction of the victims. tremendously increases the damage dealt to enemies. is best used on creeps as the effect is greatest here (reasoning se below). however, sometimes it drains an opponents hp to 0 who escaped further stuns with low hp.....biggrin
acid bomb has its greatest potential in early and midgame as the effect ceases as soon as the enemies armor value is much greater than the reduction. an agihero with 30 armor is nearly unaffected. stacks with corru orb (ever noticed units with negative armor ranking? they take 30 % extra damage megagrin )

2) frost armor

increases the own armor value. the more important thing is that attacking melee heroes are slowed so its hard to chase the NRG with melee heroes. may be used for any mate in the line. cheap in mana Wink

3) splash attack
here comes the driver behind our strategy. makes us deal damage to nearby units. in the beginning really of negligible effect, it turns out to boost your dps to values unreachable for any overfed blademaster when maxed out. makes use of any damage increasing effects like acid bomb and corru orb and the ulti.

4) ulti: bloodlust
short termed, massive increases of the damage output. And movement speed! thats what in combination with acid bomb and splash we erase any army with before creeps are being killed by our creeps. later, this is where we take our brute force from to kill enemy heroes.

skilling priorities
up to, lets say, lvl 20
1) ulti
2) acid bomb (keep cooldown below 30 sec)
3) 1 point in frost armor
4) splash damage

above lvl 25:
max points into ulti, stats, spash damage
1 point still in frost armor
rest in acid bomb

statpoints
thats a matter of beliefs, i usually go str only until ~120 and then keep agi about 60 points below strength. without the ulti the optimum for dps (damage per second) is agi=(str - 45), but as we use our ulti as often as possible we dont need so much agi.

items
next to the mandatory tele and boots we use a corruption orb and 3 crown of kings. the imba ober uber l33t players will take claws instead, but usually the boost in hp makes us a less focussed target and we gain a significant agi bonus. also increased mana makes us stay longer upfront. sobi mask usually is not needed at all, maybe if we play against horde ilidan. but he usually focuses stunners.

later in the game, when our creepstats are redicously oversized, we change the orb to either frost or lighting orb. crowns may be substituted by antimagic, silence or enchain.

way of playing
when the two armies collide in the middle, we throw the acid bomb such that we affect as many enemy creeps as possible and hit only those. with our corru orb, we will slay them in no time. once its available, we use our ulti here. we dont bother about enemy heroes that much, except theres a good chance for a kill. with the frost armor on us and our mates we can avoid most dangerous situations.
keep an eye on the knights and try to deny kills.
later we try to kill the entire enemy army before our allied creeps join the battle. this way we get a maximum of gold out of it. when we change orbs, we start chasing enemies. now we should be strong enough to dominate creepkills without acid bomb and corru orb.

thats it! try it and enjoy slaying the masses...

evil tips
once we feel safe and powerful enough, we force the enemy to by units by buying some ourself. we, next to a warden, profit most from big armies.

the more evil tip
grab an am (antimagic) and buy a headhunter and/ or demolisher at horde's shop afro

thx for reading, comments allowed Wink

here some reasoning:
any unit has an armor value that is translated into a overall damage reduction value which increases with agi stats (thats why agi heroes dont die quickly although they have only few hp). as a matter of fact any additional point in armor has a lower damage reduction effect as the one before. that means that when your armor reduction of 10 is applied to a unit with 10 armor, the effect is much greater than when you do an armor reduction from 30 to 20. thats why corru orb & acid bomb, although very strong in the beginning, lose their pwer in lategame, especially on heroes, especially on agi heroes.

Last edited by Steel.DX on 2011-06-15, 11:08; edited 1 time in total

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Naga Royal Guard Empty Re: Naga Royal Guard

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2011-06-15, 03:21

Brilliant guide, i have not played NRG many times and have not yet tried him with these Crowns of Kings but will definately try it out. Well done!

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Noctumonium 2011-06-15, 08:28

Gj sdx, I always buy claws+gloves+shield(instead of medallion), now I will try too with the new item Smile
Noctumonium
Noctumonium
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain 2011-06-15, 09:00

Very nice guide, normally i go for 2 claws and a glove instead of crowns. And i keep ulti on level 1 for a while because it's available for every wave of units that comes.
But indeed you get some much needed mana and mana regen with the crowns. Smile

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel.DX 2011-06-15, 09:08

@Noc:
you can simply sum up the benefits and compare it to the costs:

[tr]
Cost dam agi hp mana armor
claw + glove + shield 2050 12 7.5 0 0 +5
3 crown of kings 2700 15 15 375 225 ~5
2 claw + glove2150247.5000

to me this makes crowns the favourite, but it also depends on the situaruion. if nobody cares when you creep, you better go for the claws. anyway, i think the crowns are too cheap. i kind of dont use anything else anymore. maybe increase costs to 1000.

@cail
keeping ulti on low lvl makes some sense. i dont know the cooldowns, but it means keep it below 35 seconds. still i prefere more points in the ulti than in spash damage as long as the game hasnt gone for a while.

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Mathees 2011-06-15, 09:31

Very nice guide Smile

Mathees
Dark Ranger
Dark Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  LeCLerc 2011-06-15, 12:37

about crown
it most imba item in (early)game by far ,
or to say, best value for money

LeCLerc
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  borogal 2011-06-15, 13:15

LeCLerc wrote:about crown
it most imba item in (early)game by far ,
or to say, best value for money

yeah no doubt later as you dont need the the mana anymore and the glove are no longer of a 7.5 value i'll rather get 2 gloves since its a % stacked with ulti he si freaking imba. And i like to do ulti lvl 1 like Cain, until im able to chase hero, unless i have to use ulti to run away all the time :p
Otherwise really nice guide gj

borogal
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel.DX 2011-06-15, 13:27

...later, when [...] the glove are no longer of a 7.5 value...
the glove always equals an agility bonus of 7,5 with the remark that it doesnt affect the armor value (as crown for example).

any attack speed percentage value bonus from items / skills / aura are are basically an agi bonus of half their value.
example glove: 15% attackspeed => 7,5 agi bonus
example ulti: 100% attackspeed => 50 agi bonus
however, again no armor increase by attack speed bonuses.

hm if you all say so ill try next time with ulti lvl1^^
by the way, i like scooby too biggrin

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Noctumonium 2011-06-15, 18:55

Sdx are you saying that with 50 agi and with 100 agi gloves give always the same attack speed bonus? Shocked
Noctumonium
Noctumonium
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel.DX 2011-06-15, 21:27

Noctumonium wrote:Sdx are you saying that with 50 agi and with 100 agi gloves give always the same attack speed bonus? Shocked
no and yes.
no: because the attackspeed indeed is less increased with any further point of agi, so: no it doesnt give the same attack speed bonus.
yes: because the way in which the attack speed bonus enters the formulas for dps (damage per second, thats what this guide is about) is the same, it counts like an agi increase of 7.5, no matter what agi your hero has. so in terms of dps the absolute (NOT the fractional) bonus its independent of your agi stats, if you look at str and int based heroes. agi heroes are different here.

ok its not the complete truth. i can tell it you if you are interested, but it goes into a little (simple) math. there is a thread where you can find the onset of the calculations, i calculated dps for the blademaster with different equip:
https://heroesandarmies.forumotion.com/t199p30-pandaren-wardancer ff
look at how the 0.15 (numerical value of gloves) enter the formula and how it modifies the whole thing.

if you really want to know about it, i might point it out very clearly and understandable, but atm i am busy with other stuff. just let me know...

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Noctumonium 2011-06-15, 22:16

I saw your post on bm but honestly was too hard for me ^^' thx anyway Smile
Noctumonium
Noctumonium
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Steel.DX 2011-07-17, 12:55

i just had a nice game where i early swiched to coldorb.

then, the ulti served as "catcher": the ulti movement speed bonus is sufficient to reach retreating enemy ranged heroes. once i hit them, my mates catch up and get in stun-range. also nice...

Steel.DX
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down