Heroes and Armies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pitlord

+23
ICEky
borogal
Steel.DX
WykurwRozpaczy
I-Fire
RobertPolsen
Bes
CaK_Funreal
Mathees
XioNiDaS
Xoralundra
vion
Stridar
Orc.Slayer
Cain
ArMeDaNdDeAdLy
Tenoziw
motion_man
Bushfire
Valah_LeNoob
CoolRasta
J.P.P.P.P.P
Ace Ventura
27 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rate the Pitlord

Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 7 ]
Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]
Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 7 ]
Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Pitlord - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 43

Pitlord - Page 2 Empty Re: Pitlord

Post  Ace Ventura 2009-10-15, 14:34

[quote="Tenoziw"]
scooby wrote:
Maybe 320 for both? (Depends on much heroes have, I dont know)
300 have heroes and i think 350 with boots
maybe 300 for doom and inferno?
a too fast doom would be too strong, cus doom would cripple enemy and would be no problem to stun the crippled enemy
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

https://www.youtube.com/user/rubi84

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenoziw 2009-10-15, 20:57

[quote="scooby"]
Tenoziw wrote:
scooby wrote:
Maybe 320 for both? (Depends on much heroes have, I dont know)
300 have heroes and i think 350 with boots
maybe 300 for doom and inferno?
a too fast doom would be too strong, cus doom would cripple enemy and would be no problem to stun the crippled enemy

yeah if heroes only have 300 basic, then shouldnt infernal/doom have more, 300 sounds good for them.
Yeah I get your point Wink

And tbh I dont play him that much so I can say if its best with 2 dooms or 1 strong.
Tenoziw
Tenoziw
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  ArMeDaNdDeAdLy 2010-01-25, 16:07

Can u please make Doom guards rain of fire short key on F like pit Lords instead of E?
ArMeDaNdDeAdLy
ArMeDaNdDeAdLy
Farseer
Farseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura 2010-01-25, 17:04

ArMeDaNdDeAdLy wrote:Can u please make Doom guards rain of fire short key on F like pit Lords instead of E?
yes changed it to hotkey F

btw. did it because in the german version its hotkey U (pretty far away) and the normal rain of fire of the hero had the hotkey E, i realy dont know what blizzard was thinking....they did some realy crab german hotkeys
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolRasta 2010-01-30, 02:05

CoolRasta wrote:

just make them stronger for exemple
pl is rly fat , have hard time to creep until high lvl and more hard time to kill hero^^
no funny hero to play, rain is too short or low damage until lvl8 so rly hard to do something

i always heard bad echo from pitlord, all ppl i see say he is too bad, not only his ulti

rain is rly short at low lvl
too much ppl hate him (ssei don like him for exemple) , i think we need improve all his skill
but i can mistake

btw, can u reduce it like doomguards? cuz he is rly fat and hard to move ftm imo

CoolRasta
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura 2010-01-30, 14:42

CoolRasta wrote:
CoolRasta wrote:

pl is rly fat , have hard time to creep until high lvl and more hard time to kill hero^^
no funny hero to play, rain is too short or low damage until lvl8 so rly hard to do something

i always heard bad echo from pitlord, all ppl i see say he is too bad, not only his ulti

too much ppl hate him (ssei don like him for exemple) , i think we need improve all his skill
but i can mistake

btw, can u reduce it like doomguards? cuz he is rly fat and hard to move ftm imo

he has the same size like the beastmaster, panda and tinker...
alrdy decreased size of doomguards too

and to his spells: increased aoe of rain of fire and increased also aoe of howl of terror

the problem is his spells...hes the only melee hero that has no realy hero-killing-spells, no single-attacking-spell like coil, no wave, no stun ..... only with ulti he can slow (criple) and stun
Ace Ventura
Ace Ventura
Pet Detective
Pet Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2010-01-30, 20:27

Ace Ventura wrote:
CoolRasta wrote:
CoolRasta wrote:

but i can mistake

and to his spells: increased aoe of rain of fire and increased also aoe of howl of terror

the problem is his spells...hes the only melee hero that has no realy hero-killing-spells, no single-attacking-spell like coil, no wave, no stun ..... only with ulti he can slow (criple) and stun

He may not have any good specific hero killing spells but i think the fact that his others spells are extremely good at creeping, more than makes up for it, i do think cleaving is a bit useless though, ok at the end it is imba for creeping but you dont really want to be creeping at the end anyway, maybe replace it for bash with same chances of mk bash? Because hes a better creeper maybe he will have faster attack speed and more imba bash than mk at the end but he also doesn't have that awesome ranged stun that the mk has got so i think it makes it fair.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain 2010-01-30, 23:27

J.P.P.P.P.P wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
CoolRasta wrote:
CoolRasta wrote:

but i can mistake

He may not have any good specific hero killing spells but i think the fact that his others spells are extremely good at creeping, more than makes up for it, i do think cleaving is a bit useless though, ok at the end it is imba for creeping but you dont really want to be creeping at the end anyway, maybe replace it for bash with same chances of mk bash? Because hes a better creeper maybe he will have faster attack speed and more imba bash than mk at the end but he also doesn't have that awesome ranged stun that the mk has got so i think it makes it fair.
Tbh i'd rather have the beastmaster have that if any, beastmaster is shit with 2 types of pets.

Last edited by Cain on 2010-01-31, 12:01; edited 2 times in total

Cain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushfire 2010-01-31, 11:56

btw: who voted him +? insane insane insane
Bushfire
Bushfire
Master of the Voodoo
Master of the Voodoo

http://www.seashepherd.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Orc.Slayer 2010-01-31, 17:31

hmm bash would be cool,
cain: 2 types of pets are just grreat to surround in earlygame and later you can reskill them

Orc.Slayer
Tauren Chieftain
Tauren Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post  motion_man 2010-02-06, 23:19

....or have rain of fire do similar dmg like wave and make it hit only once?
motion_man
motion_man
Dope
Dope

Back to top Go down

Post  Stridar 2010-02-09, 18:10

He's a unit killing, support hero, he sucks arse at hero killing.

He is awesome at getting gold, he makes too much gold with his first skill.

Towards late game his cleave attack is just pure ownage. howl of terror is awesome for destroying enemy hero stats.

Personally if you enjoy hero killing and have no patience then he is not for you.

His ulti is cool to, but it's really, really hard managing the dooms guards and him at the same time.

One thing he is the best at, early middle and late game, is making gold
Stridar
Stridar
Forum Emperor
Forum Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post  vion 2010-02-09, 19:37

perfect as he is

vion
Archmage
Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-17, 15:41

The thing is, he's NOT good at making gold. With nuke spells you can time it to always get a kill out of them. With rain of fire, until mid-gameish, you very very rarely see one of your waves get the final cherry-tap that gives you the gold. Cleave is entirely useless until you have like 150 damage too due to armour, and doomguards get killed real fast and make little to no gold due to having low damage, poor spells, and low uptime. He also starts with some of the worst base stats of any hero in the game, and if he gets focused early on it's game over since he needs to be a lot more powerful to stand a chance vs other heroes. He's also real big (although not as big as he used to be, thank god) which makes him easy to trap.

Maybe cleave could add a static bonus damage to his attacks too? Or rain of fire could last until cancelled. Doom guard hp/damage could definitely do with an increase.
I get that he shouldn't creep as well as say the Blood Mage or Arch Mage since they have no anti-hero abilities and need to increase all 3 stats (Arch Mage has his own set of problems that need to be addressed though), but since he has no anti-hero abilities, he does need to creep better than other melee heroes.

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolRasta 2010-02-17, 17:48

we all agree with u cheers! cheers!

i wonder; cant we make howl of terror ranged (like silence for exmple) ? it will be nice instead of dr with spell, its on pure damage
and like that, pl can go more in front of fight

CoolRasta
Forum Power User
Forum Power User

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-17, 17:56

That's not a bad idea. You could at least then target the ranged heroes who always just wail on pitlord and give him a bit of breathing room to creep in melee.

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2010-02-17, 21:36

Xoralundra wrote:The thing is, he's NOT good at making gold. With nuke spells you can time it to always get a kill out of them. With rain of fire, until mid-gameish, you very very rarely see one of your waves get the final cherry-tap that gives you the gold. Cleave is entirely useless until you have like 150 damage too due to armour, and doomguards get killed real fast and make little to no gold due to having low damage, poor spells, and low uptime. He also starts with some of the worst base stats of any hero in the game, and if he gets focused early on it's game over since he needs to be a lot more powerful to stand a chance vs other heroes. He's also real big (although not as big as he used to be, thank god) which makes him easy to trap.

Maybe cleave could add a static bonus damage to his attacks too? Or rain of fire could last until cancelled. Doom guard hp/damage could definitely do with an increase.
I get that he shouldn't creep as well as say the Blood Mage or Arch Mage since they have no anti-hero abilities and need to increase all 3 stats (Arch Mage has his own set of problems that need to be addressed though), but since he has no anti-hero abilities, he does need to creep better than other melee heroes.

I'm sorry but i completely disagree with most of your points here. The pl can be a very strong hero if you have good allies and play him well. His rain of fire is one of the best creeping tools in game without a doubt and his ulti makes for some very imba combos that i think were discussed earlier in this thread. Since his ulti was improved he is now a very very nice hero. The strategy i'm refering to is using cripple with doomgaurd on a hero and then immediately chasing up with a frost orb, move the gaurd in front of the slowed hero and then use stun, when you are ready then manually control the doomgaurd in order to block the path of the hero and you have a kill. It requires hefty micro but it makes for extreme hero killing power. I think for pitlord a ring is a requirement however so you cant easily be bashed while you creep and also 2 sobis minimum since you want to be using rain as much as possible.

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-18, 06:54

Rain of fire is terrible for creeping until mid game. Go play a few games with him and see how many unit kills you get with it. It's much easier to have a nuke spell that you can cherry-tap knights with for a lot more gold early on.
Sobi masks are also too expensive, you're better off buying int tomes - larger mana pool and 0.5m/s per point.
I play pit lord a lot, and even on a good team you get focused early on a lot, and since rain of fire sucks for creeping at the start you have no choice but to get beaten up in melee range.
And there's no way his ulti is imba. It requires a hell of a lot of work to maybe get a kill, and the doomguard dies real fast so you need team mates on hand to help out anyway.

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-18, 08:42

Hmm, maybe you could increase the damage a lot for cleave (say start at 25% and increase by 8% per level) but make the size of it much, much smaller, and static? So maybe it can only hit 3 units in a row.

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-18, 09:04

Was it really worth posting that?

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushfire 2010-02-18, 10:34

Xoralundra wrote:Was it really worth posting that?
just ignore him, its no problem if u double post.
Bushfire
Bushfire
Master of the Voodoo
Master of the Voodoo

http://www.seashepherd.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  J.P.P.P.P.P 2010-02-18, 14:31

Xoralundra wrote:Rain of fire is terrible for creeping until mid game. Go play a few games with him and see how many unit kills you get with it. It's much easier to have a nuke spell that you can cherry-tap knights with for a lot more gold early on.
Sobi masks are also too expensive, you're better off buying int tomes - larger mana pool and 0.5m/s per point.
I play pit lord a lot, and even on a good team you get focused early on a lot, and since rain of fire sucks for creeping at the start you have no choice but to get beaten up in melee range.
And there's no way his ulti is imba. It requires a hell of a lot of work to maybe get a kill, and the doomguard dies real fast so you need team mates on hand to help out anyway.

Lol you think i dont know how to play hna well? Have your opinion but all that i say is from my experience, i've played a lot of only pro games and and i only post things that have been effective for me and my team mates

J.P.P.P.P.P
Forum King
Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoralundra 2010-02-18, 14:37

Not saying that, but I play pitlord a lot, and he's not very good at creeping til mid game, and only if they have no DH or bloodmage.

And put it this way - shockwave and fan of knives and fire breath all do the same damage as rain of fire, but they do it instantly, so you can cherry-tap with it and there's no chance of creeps stealing your kills, not to mention you can use them as nukes.
Is that really fair?

Xoralundra
Bloodmage
Bloodmage

Back to top Go down

Post  Orc.Slayer 2010-02-18, 18:18

Rain of fire is stronger my dear, since it has a good aoe

Orc.Slayer
Tauren Chieftain
Tauren Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post  XioNiDaS 2010-02-19, 10:59

I say what ArMeDaNdDeAdLy would say afro .
U have to use him how he ought to be used.
Of course every str heros r vulnerable at early games so u have to be careful with them but hey, u said urself, at midgame and lategame he becomes strong, so be patient.
XioNiDaS
XioNiDaS
Tinker
Tinker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum